X: 4 5 3 6 10
Y: 4 6 5 7 7
a. Determine the standard error of estimate.
b. Suppose a large sample is selected (instead of just five). About 68 percent of the predictions
would be between what two values?
1. The director of marketing at Reeves Wholesale Products is studying monthly sales. Three
independent variables were selected as estimators of sales: regional population, per capita income, and regional unemployment rate. The regression equation was computed
to be (in dollars):
Y= 64,100 + .394X1 + 9.6X2 - 11,600X3
a. What is the full name of the equation?
b. Interpret the number 64,100.
c. What are the estimated monthly sales for a particular region with a population of 796,000, per capita income of $6,940, and an unemployment rate of 6.0 percent?
3. A sample of General Mills employees was studied to determine their degree of satisfaction with their present life. A special index, called the index of satisfaction, was used to measure satisfaction. Six factors were studied, namely, age at the time of first marriage (X1, annual income (X2), number of children living (X3), value of all assets (X4), status of health in the form of an index (X5) and the average number of social activities
per week-such as bowling and dancing (X6) Suppose the multiple regression
Y= 16.24 + .017X1 + .0028X2 + 42X3 + .0012X4 + .19X5 + 26.8X6
a. What is the estimated index of satisfaction for a person who first married at 18, has an annual income of $26,500, has three children living, has assets of $156,000,has an index of health status of 141, and has 2.5 social activities a week on the average?
b. Which would add more to satisfaction, an additional income of $10,000 a year or two
more social activities a week?
5. The following table lists the annual amounts of glass cullet produced by Kimble Glass
Year Code (tons)
2002 1 2.0
2003 2 4.0
2004 3 3.0
2005 4 5.0
2006 5 6.0
Determine the least squares trend equation. Estimate the amount of scrap for the year 2008.
Recently Asked Questions
- On January 1, year 1, Melvin Corporation promises to "unconditionally" transfer a building that cost $100,000 (appraised recently at $300,000) to the Vivian
- Draw a flowchart to display all even numbers between 2 and 100 inclusive.
- Please answer the following questions: Suppose you push the following numbers: 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, and 32 onto the stack, then you pop four items. List the