Find the mean, median, and range for each of the two data sets.
Find the standard deviation using the rule of thumb for each of the data sets.
Compare the two sets and describe what you discover.
The following data sets shows the ages of the first seven presidents (President Washington through President Jackson) and the seven most recent presidents including President Obama. Age is given at time of inauguration.
First 7: 57 61 57 57 58 57 61
Second 7: 61 52 69 64 46 54 47
2. A data set consists of a set of numerical values. Which, if any, of the following statements could be correct? Underline correct response.
There is no mode.
There are two modes.
There are three modes.
3. Indicate whether the given statement could apply to a data set consisting of 1,000 values that are all different.
Yes or no.
The 29th percentile is greater than the 30th percentile.
The median is greater than the first quartile.
The third quartile is greater than the first quartile.
The mean is equal to the median.
The range is zero.
Recently Asked Questions
- The case is about disability discrimination in two Walmart stores
- Hi I am stuck on figuring out the beginning cash balances and borrowings on the cash budget for this question. Every number on the attachments are correct, it
- The sampling distribution for the difference in the sample proportions , 1 ˆ p – 2 ˆ p , has mean :