2. A final exam in Math 157 is normally distributed and has a mean of 75 with a standard deviation of 12. If 36 students are randomly selected, find the probability that the mean of their test scores is greater than 70.
3. The weights of certain machine components are normally distributed with a mean of 9.75g and a standard deviation of 0.08g. Find the weights that separate the top 5% and the bottom 5%.
4. Use the margin of error E = $10, confidence level of 99%, and σ = $40 to find the minimum sample size needed to
estimate an unknown population mean, .μ
5. Build a 95% confidence interval for the mean of the population from the given sample data. Assume that the population has a normal distribution.
16.4, 15.7, 16.2, 15.8 17.1
15.8, 15.9, 16.0, 16.4 15.0
This question was asked on Mar 23, 2010 and answered on Mar 23, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- What are the conceptual conditions under which real options value is greater than zero?
- Using FASB Codification to support accounting method AAsk me to attach file. Need urgent help
- QUESTIONS Please answer the following questions clearly showing the calculations wherever they are required. Do not just give the final number as the answer,