1) What is the difference between probability sampling and simple random sampling?
A. There is no difference.
B. Simple random sampling is a type of probability sampling.
C. In probability sampling each item has an identical chance of being chosen.
D. Probability sampling is a type of simple random sample.
2) A poll is planned to determine what proportion of all students favor an increase in fees to support a new track and field stadium. A questionnaire will be published and the first 1000 completed questionnaires will be analyzed. Which of the following errors will be associated with the sample?
A. Sampling errors and errors due to selection bias
B. Only non-sampling errors
C. Sampling errors only
D. Errors due to interviewer bias and selection bias
3) A sufficiently large coverage error will result in which of the following?
A. Non-response bias
B. Statistics about the actual population rather than the target population
C. Inability to perform inferential statistics
D. Probability sampling
4) Which of the following is not a characteristic of an ideal statistician?
A. Technically current (e.g. software)
B. Adapts answers to client desires
C. Can deal with imperfect information
D. Communicates well (both written and oral)
5) Which of the following is an example of statistical inference?
A. Counting the number of patients who file malpractice suits after being discharged from hospitals in New York State.
B. Calculating the mean age of patients discharged from hospitals in New York State in 1997.
C. Calculating the amount of fly spray needed for your orchard next season.
D. Calculating the mean number of fruit trees damaged by Mediterranean fruit flies in California last year.
6) Which of the following statements is not true?
A. Scientific progress consists of continual refinement of theories through hypothesis testing.
B. Estimating parameters is an important aspect of descriptive statistics.
C. A statistical test may be significant yet have no practical importance.
D. Statistics is the science of collecting, organizing, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data.
Recently Asked Questions
- It is projectile motion question. Plz let me know how to visualize this question and solve it. thx
- (1) Let x be the quantity of pens. The total cost of producing pens is 70+2x, where x is the quantity of pens produced. You want to sell the pens at a price of
- Find any points of discontinuity and classify the type of discontinuity. a) f(x) = _1_ 2x+3 b) f(x) = x-2 x^2 -4 c) f(x) = absolute value of 2x+4 x+2 d) f(x) =