1. Use the sales forecaster's rediciton to describe a normal probability distribution that can be used to approximate the demand distribution. Sketch the distribution and show its mean and standard deviation.
2. Compute the probability of a stock-out for the order quantities suggested by members of the management team.
3. Compute the projected profit for the rder quantities suggested by the management team under three scenarios: worst case in which sales = 10,000 units, most likely case in which sales = 20,000 units, and best case in which sales = 30,000 units.
4. One of Specialty's managers felt that the profit potential was so great that the order quantity should have a 70% chance of meeting demand and only a 30% chance of any stock-outs. What quantity would be ordered under this policy, and what is that projected profit under the three sales scenarios.
5. Provide your own recommendation for an order quantity and note the associated profit projections. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
Recently Asked Questions
- A firm has projected annual earnings per share of $5.00 and a dividend payout ratio of 65%. The firm's required return is 18% and dividends and earnings are
- A proportion of a college basketball team's season ticket holders renew their tickets for the next season. Let 'p' denote the true proportion of ticket holders
- A firm projects that dividends will grow at a rate of 6% per year for four years and then will grow at a rate of 4% per year forever. The stock's required