1. For a population with m = 50 and s = 10, the z-score corresponding to X = 45 is z = +0.50
True or false
2. For any population, a z-score of +1.00 corresponds to a location above the mean by one standard deviation.
True or false
3. If two individuals in a population have identical X scores, they also will have identical z-scores.
True or False
4. Under what circumstances would a score that is 15 points above the mean be considered an extreme score, far out in the tail of the distribution?
5. For an exam with a mean of M = 74 and a standard deviation of s = 8, Mary has a score of X = 80, Bob’s score corresponds to z = +1.50, and Sue’s score is located above the mean by 10 points. If the students are placed in order from smallest score to largest score, what is the correct order?
6. What proportion of a normal distribution is located between z = 1.00 and z = 1.50?
7. In any normal distribution, what are the z-score boundaries for the middle 50% of the distribution?
8. For a normal distribution with m = 100 and s = 5, what is the probability of selecting a score between X = 90 and X = 110? In symbols, what is p(110 < X < 90)?
Recently Asked Questions
- Why do you think we are so often reluctant to show our religion to others? Why might people of certain faiths the more hesitant than others?
- y=k^(1/3)l^(1/3)h^(1/3) does the production function in this question follow the neo-classical theory of income distribution discussed in your course textbook?
- i need a 5 paragraph essay on the following question please 1)Compare and contrast the analysis of Middle Eastern cultures based on stereotypes and analysis