(2) Why did the researchers use this method?
(3) What are the limitations to the correlational method in terms of the conclusions that can be made?
(4) What is a positive correlation? Negative? Zero? What does the number itself signify? Give several examples from the article you selected to illustrate your point.
(5) How can a non-linear relationship among two variables influence the correlation coefficient? For example, ability to pay attention and the level of stimulation in the environment do not demonstrate a linear relationship. At some point, too much stimulation will limit the ability to focus and pay attention. What would happen to the size and the sign of the correlation coefficient if we correlated these two variables? How can researchers work around this issue?
(6) What about floor and ceiling effects? How can these issues preclude a significant correlation coefficient from being discovered?