The data set lowbwt contains information for a sample of 100 low birth weight infants born in two hospitals in Boston. Indicators of a maternal diagnosis of toxemia during the pregnancy, a condition characterized by high blood pressure and other potential complications, are saved under the variable name tox.
Analyze the case study by answering the following questions.
1. Give the point estimate of the proportion of low birth weight infants whose mothers experienced toxemia during pregnancy.
2. Estimate the proportion of low birth weight infants whose mothers experienced toxemia during pregnancy. Use 95% confidence level.
3. Doctors think that more than 20% of the infants with low birth weight their mothers experienced toxemia. Is that correct?
4. Test if the proportion of girls’ mothers with toxemia is different from the proportion of boys’s mothers.
5. Is “toxemia” dependent on “the gender of the baby”.
6. Write a report summarizing your conclusions for this study.
Recently Asked Questions
- What are the portfolio weights for a portfolio that has 160 shares of Stock A that sell for $89 per share and 135 shares of Stock B that sell for $102 per
- 1.The density of water at 1 o C is the same as the density of water at [2.5 o C; 5 o C; 7 o C; or 12 o C]?
- Why did Protestant Christianity and Protestant women emerge as forces for social change?