2.Using the years as your x-axis and the annual mean as your y-axis, create a scatterplot and a linear regression line.
3.Answer the following questions using your scatterplot and linear regression line:
* What is the slope of the linear regression line?
* What is the Y-intercept of the linear regression line?
* What is the equation of the linear regression line, in slope-intercept form?
* Based on the linear regression line, what would be an estimated cost of gas in the year 2020?
* What are the residuals of each year?
* Select a current price that you have seen or paid recently for gas. Is that price within the range of the linear regression line or is it an outlier? Is it within the confidence interval of 5% or either end?
This question was asked on Jan 12, 2013.
Recently Asked Questions
- Using the map provided, identify and discuss four historical places and/or geographical features located in the state of Missouri. For each item identified,
- (TCO 1) Signal loss due to an object in the path causing the wave to bend is known as _____. diffraction reflection refraction defraction
- Oral contraceptives taken by women ________________________. Question 5 options: a) allow fertilization, but blocks development b)inhibit sperm migration