A local chapter of sales professionals in Abu Dhabi conducted a survey of its membership to study the relationship, if any, between the years of experience and salary for individuals employed in inside and outside sales positions. On the survey, respondents were asked to specify one of three levels of years of experience: low (1-10 years), medium (11-20 years), and high (21 or more years). The complete data set, consisting of 120 observations, is stored in the Excel file SalesSalary.xlsx (please download the excel file).
You should consider the following instructions when answering the case study question and preparing your report:
I) For confidence intervals:
• Check all assumptions.
• Interpret the results.
II) For testing hypothesis:
• State the null and alternative hypotheses.
• Check the necessary assumptions.
• Report the P-value and the test statistic.
• Make a conclusion statement in the words of the original problem.
III) For the report
• Should be typed.
• On the first page, write the names, student numbers, and section number.
• All pages must be stapled together.
• Show all of your work.
• The report should have the following item
# Table of Contents
# Executive Summary
# Main text
Case Study Questions: answer ALL of the following questions to help the manager preparing his report.
1. Use descriptive statistics to summarize the data.
2. Construct a 95% confidence interval of the mean annual salary for all salespersons.
3. Construct a 95% confidence interval of the mean salary for inside salespersons.
4. Is there any significant difference due to position? Use a 0.05 level of significance
5. Construct a 95% confidence interval estimate of the mean salary difference for inside and outside salespersons.
6. Explain how your conclusion in part 4 can be derived from part 5.
7. Is there any significant difference due to years of experience? Use a 0.05 level of significance.
8. Give point estimates for the proportion of salespersons according to their positions.
9. Is there a difference between the proportions of inside and outside salesman? Use a 0.05 level of significance.
10. Construct a 95% confidence interval of the difference between the proportions for inside and outside salespersons.
11. Test the significance of the relation between salesperson position and experience.
Recently Asked Questions
- I am stuck on working with databases using PHP connecting to a database. I need to fix the query so that it only shows an employee who only make $xx.xx dollars
- Market demand is given as Q D = 120 – P . Market supply is given as Q S = 4 P . If price
- I need help finding the decision rule and test statistic for this question: Lester Hollar is vice president for human resources for a large manufacturing