2. A sample of the personnel files of eight male employees revealed that, during a six-month period, they were absent the following number of days: 2, 0, 6, 3, 10, 4, 1, and 2. What is the mean deviation (in days)? (Points : 1)
3. Which measures of central location are not affected by extremely small or extremely large values? (Points : 1)
Mean and median
Mean and mode
Mode and median
Standard deviation and mean
4. The times (in minutes) that several underwriters took to review applications for similar insurance coverage are 50, 230, 52, and 57. What is the median length of time required to review an application? (Points : 1)
5. What is the relationship between the variance and the standard deviation? (Points : 1)
Variance is the square root of the standard deviation.
Variance is the square of the standard deviation.
Variance is twice the standard deviation.
There is no constant relationship between the variance and the standard deviation.
6. Based on the Empirical Rule, what percent of the observations will lie between plus or minus two standard deviations from the mean? (Points : 1)
7. The net incomes (in $millions) of a sample of steel fabricators are $86, $67, $86, and $85. What is the modal net income? (Points : 1)
8. A population consists of all the weights of all defensive tackles on a university's football team. They are Johnson, 204 pounds; Patrick, 215 pounds; Junior, 207 pounds; Kendron, 212 pounds; Nicko, 214 pounds; and Cochran, 208 pounds. What is the population standard deviation (in pounds)? (Points : 1)
9. From the easiest to the hardest "ease of interpretation," rank the measures of dispersion. (Points : 1)
Mode, median, mean
Range, mean deviation, variance
Variance, mean deviation, range
There is no difference.
10. The weights (in thousands of kilograms) of seven shipping containers are 9.5, 10.3, 11.0, 10.4, 10.5, 11.2, and 9.2. What is the mean deviation? (Points : 1)
Recently Asked Questions
- Attack rate is: A. number of persons who ate a specific food and became ill total number of persons who ate the specific food
- Write complete Java programs for all the problems and compile and run and make sure that the program works correctly. 1. Write a program that reads in a
- HELP ASAP Question 1 3.3 pts True or False: A "Q-score" is a measure often used by brands to determine if they should hire a celebrity or not. True False