1. Develop a graph and a table that shows descriptives (central tendency measures and dispersion measures) of the checking balances.
2. When Mr. Sleig took over as president of Century several years ago, the use of debit cards was just beginning. He would like an update of the use of these cards. Develop a 95% confidence interval for the proportion of customers using these cards. On the basis of the confidence interval, is it reasonable to conclude that more than half of the customers use a debut card? Interpret the results.
3. With many other options available, customers no longer let their money sit in a checking account. For many years the mean checking balance has been $1,600. Does the sample data indicate that the mean account balance has declined from this value?
4. Recent years have also seen an increase in the use of ATM machines. When Mr. Sleig took over the bank, the mean number of transactions per month per customer was 8; now he believes it has increased to more than 10. In fact, the advertising agency that prepares TV commercials for Century would like to use this on the new commercial being designed. Is there sufficient evidence to conclude that the mean number of transactions per customer is more than 10 per month? Could the advertising agency say the mean is more than 9 per month?
5. The bank has branch offices in four different cities mentioned earlier. Mr. Sleig would like to know if there is a difference in the mean checking account balances among the four branches. If there are differences, between which branches do these differences occur?
6. Mr. Sleig is also interested in the ATMs. Is there a difference in the ATM use among the branches? Also do customers who have debit cards tend to use ATMs differently from those who don’t have debit cards? Is there a difference in ATM use by those with checking accounts that pay interest versus those that do not?
7. At a 0.05 significance level, is there a relationship between the location of the branch and whether the customer has a debit card?
8. Using checking account as the dependent variable and using the number of ATM transactions, the number of other services used, whether the individual has a debit card, and whether interest is paid on the particular account as independent variables, write a report indicating which of the variables seem related to the account balance and how well they explain the variation in account balances. Should all of the independent variables be used in the analysis or can some be dropped? Did you notice any indications to multicollinearity, heteroscedasticity or to autocorrelation?
Can anyone help please?
Recently Asked Questions
- Tardive dyskinesia is the result of: a) Degeneration of dopaminergic and cholinergic fibers b) Hyperactive dopaminergic state in the presence of dopamine
- The following incomplete list of business rules describe the relationships between some of the different types of food businesses available.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Week 8 Assignment 2.