A correlation determines if there is any statistical relationship between variables. The Pearson product-moment correlation coefficient measures the relationship between two variables. In this assignment, you will review the SPSS output for a correlation and use it to answer questions about the groups. You will also review the SPSS output to determine if a correlation exists between the variables.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Download the document "SPSS Data Set Legend" for use with this assignment.
• Download the document "Module 7 Correlation SPSS Output" for use with this assignment.
Review the SPSS output file which reports the results of the correlation to see if there is a correlation between the cost of beer and the number of calories it contains or the cost of beer and the volume of alcohol it contains. Answer the following questions based on your observations of the SPSS output file:
Based on the correlation coefficients (r-values) that were computed and their statistical significance, what conclusions do you draw regarding
1. The researcher's question of correlation between the cost of beer and the number of calories it contains?
2. The researcher's question of correlation between the cost of beer and the volume of alcohol it contains?
Recently Asked Questions
- In your opinion, did the Fundamentalists or the Modernists win the Scopes trial?
- The Georgetown, South Carolina, Traffic Division reported 40% of high-speed chases involving automobiles result in a minor or major accident. During a month in
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Ch7