View the step-by-step solution to:

#1 Monohan Machinery specializes in developing weed-harvesting equipment that is used to clear small lakes of weeds. George Monohan, president of...

Hello again. Hope you got the tip from before i fixed the issue. How much would you charge for this in an excel format? or Any of them 

# 1 Monohan Machinery specializes in developing weed-harvesting equipment that is used to clear small lakes of weeds. George Monohan , president of Monohan Machinery , is convinced that harvesting weeds is far better than using chemicals to kill weeds . Chemicals cause pollution, and the weeds seem to grow faster after chemicals have been used. George is contemplating the construction of a machine that would harvest weeds on narrow rivers and waterways. The activities that are necessary to build one of these experimental weed-harvesting machines are listed in the following table. Construct a network for these activities . ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATE PREDECESSORS A - B - c A D A E B F B G C, E H D, F #2 After consulting with Butch Radner, George Monohan was able to determine the acti v it y times for constructing the weed - harvesting machine to be used on narrow rivers. George would like to determine ES, EF, LS, LF, and slack for each activity. The total project completion time and the critical path should also be determined. (See problem #1 for details) The activity times are shown in the following table: ACTIVITIES TIME (WEEKS) A 9 B 5 c 3 D 10 E 12 F 9 G 8 H 11 #3 A Project wa s planned using PERT with three tim e estimates. Time expected completion time of the project was determined to be 36 weeks . The variance of the critical path is 25. (a) What is the probability that the project will be finished in 32 weeks or less ? (b) What is the probability that the project takes longer than 36 weeks? (c) What is the probability that the project will be fini s hed in 42 weeks? (d) What is the probability that the project will take longer than 45 weeks? (e) The project manager wishes to set the du e date for the completion of the project so that there i s a 90 % chance of finishing on schedule. Thus, there would only be a 10% chance the project would take longer than this due date what should this due date be?
Background image of page 1
# 4 The air pollution project discussed in the chapter has progressed over the past several weeks, and it is now the end of w e ek 8 . Lester Harky would like to know the v alue of the work completed , the amount o f any cost overruns or underrun s for the project, and the ext e nt to which the project is ahead of or behind schedule by developing a table like Table 8. Th e revised cost figures are shown in the followin g table . AC TNITY TOTAL BUDGETED COST ($) PERCENT OF COMPLE TION ACTUAL COST ($) A 28460 100 28050 B 41900 100 41475 c 34900 100 35000 D 50060 80 41100 E 64000 40 25000 F 31080 30 9800 G 75010 20 14000 H 42850 5 2500 #5 The following costs have been estimated for the activities in a project: ACTIVIT IMMEDIATE TIME TOTAL A - 9 13590 B - 2 2400 c A 5 5200 D B 3 10560 E C, D 10 23000 F C, D 4 7600 G F 5 3600 (a) Develop a cost budgeted schedule based on the earliest start time lik e Table 6. Please keep one decimal place. (b) Develop a cost budgeted schedu le based on the latest start time lik e Table 7. Please keep one d ecima l place.
Background image of page 2
Sign up to view the entire interaction

Top Answer

Great question... View the full answer

solution6.xlsx

ACTIVITIES
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H IMMEDIATE
PREDECESSORS
A
A
B
B
C, E
D, F 1) The network diagram is as shown below
C
A
G D End Start
E H B
F 2)
ACTIVITIES TIME (WEEKS) 9
5
3
10
12
9
8
11
0 A
B
C
D
E
F
G...

Sign up to view the full answer

Why Join Course Hero?

Course Hero has all the homework and study help you need to succeed! We’ve got course-specific notes, study guides, and practice tests along with expert tutors.

-

Educational Resources
  • -

    Study Documents

    Find the best study resources around, tagged to your specific courses. Share your own to gain free Course Hero access.

    Browse Documents
  • -

    Question & Answers

    Get one-on-one homework help from our expert tutors—available online 24/7. Ask your own questions or browse existing Q&A threads. Satisfaction guaranteed!

    Ask a Question
Ask a homework question - tutors are online