If the gardener plants 25 batches of 6 seeds, what is the probability that at most 100 seeds germinate?
2. In one region, the February energy consumption levels for single-family homes were found to be normally distributed with a mean of 950 KWh and a standard deviation of 218 KWh. For a randomly selected home, find the probability that the February energy consumption level is greater than 1,000 KWh.
3. The life of a certain car battery is normally distributed with a mean of 4 years and a standard deviation of 0.5 years. The manufacturer will replace any defective battery free of charge while it is under warranty. For how many months should this type of car battery be guaranteed if the manufacturer does not want to replace more than 3% of them?
Recently Asked Questions
- A research study examined the blood vitamin D levels of the entire US population of landscape gardeners. The population average level of vitamin D in US
- What efforts have been made, in the form of legislation, to help protect elders and victims of hate crime? Do you think this is enough? What, in your opinion,
- DiPitro’s Paint and Wallpaper, Inc., needs to raise $1.12 million to finance plant expansion. In discussions with its investment bank, DiPitro’s learns