1. Wescott Products had recently experienced rapid growth from the original start in a two-car garage just five years earlier. Jason Roberts is the first production manager hired by the company. The company has trouble with promising customer orders and having the capacity to meet those orders. In addition, production never seemed to have any significant shortages in either subass
ion of forecasts and customer orders.
ii) Develop a load report over a ten week period based on the MPS records and work-center data using the following format. Examine rough-cut capacity situation using the data Jason gathered. Based on your analysis of the load report, discuss the potential difficulty(ies) associated with the MPS.
* assume 100% utilization and 100% efficiency in calculating the rated capacity.
iii) Suggest ways of leveling the load to avoid capacity overloads and to improve customer service levels. Use the information and your
i) State the formula for calculating the priority index for each of the scheduling rules stated above.
ii) Using the five sequencing rules, compute the scheduling priority for each order given in the table above.
4. An order for 200 bell ringers is processed on work centers 10 and 20. The setup and run times are as follows. It is decided to overlap the lot on the two work centers and to split the lot into two lots of 75 and 125. Move time between operations is 30 minutes. Work center 20 cannot be setup until the first lot arrives. Calculate the saving in manufacturing lead time.
Setup on WC 10 = 50 minutes Run time on WC 10 = 5 minutes per piece
Setup on WC 20 = 100 minutes Run time on WC 20 = 7 minutes per piece
5. Parent W requires one of component B and two of component C. Both B and C are run on work center 10. Setup time for B is 2 hours, and run time is 6 minutes per piece. For component C, setup time is 2 hours, and run time is 9 minutes per piece. If the rated capacity of the work center is 80 hours, how many W's should be produced in a week?
6. Optima Shop has two work centers: Big Mess and No Problem. The Monday list of orders to be filled this week shows the total setup and total run time requirements (in hours) at the two centers. Joe Biggs, the scheduler of Optima, said his first criterion is to minimize setups, and the second is to prioritize customer orders in numerical order.
i) How should he schedule production on the two centers? (Please illustrate using a Gantt chart)
ii) Can customer delivery promises be met without overtime if capacity is 40 hours in each work center?
iii) How does the answer to part ii) change if only one person is assigned to do the setup in both work centers?
iv) Is the schedule consistent with the TOC philosophy?
Recently Asked Questions
- Assume that total currency in the economy is $25, money supply is $100 , and currency held by the banks is $10. Further assume that the reserve ratio of the
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from infa630_final_exam_sprng_2017. Additional comments: "The whole exam
- Exercise 18.1 Design an Active Directory Sites Topology Overview In this written exercise, you will read the background information for the Contoso