Blake and Valerie Meyer (both age 30) are married with one dependent child (age 5).
- Blake's gross
salary from his corporate employer was $70,000, and his Section 401(k) contribution was $6,300.
On the basis of the above information, compute the Meyers' 2018 federal income tax (including any AMT) on their joint return. Assume the taxable year is 2018. Use Individual tax rate schedules, Standard deduction table and Tax rates for capital gains and qualified dividends. (Do not round intermediate calculations. Round your final answers to the nearest whole dollar amount.
2. Taxable Income=
3. Mr. and Mrs. Meyers regular taxable income (after applicable credits)=
5. Mr. and Mrs. Meyers total tax liability (including ATM)=
Recently Asked Questions
- I want to ask this question: Joe's wife died in 2019.Joe is 70 years old. At the time of her death, Joe's wife was 60. Both have good eyesight. Joe does not
- What is the impact of a business claiming input tax credits for particular purchases while also claiming income tax deductions for the same items?
- Erwin and Eleanor are married and file a joint tax return. They have adjusted gross income of $39,000, no tax-exempt interest, and $13,650 of Social Security