CJ320 American Constitutional Law
Suppose you are part of a political organization that has taken the position that one of the ways to "fix Congress" is to impose term limits on members of the Senate and House of Representatives. Your initial research reflects that it will be necessary to amend the U.S. Constitution to accomplish this. Plan a detailing how your organization will accomplish its goal. Include the following.
1. Provide two reasons why amending the U.S. Constitution would be necessary versus passing a law. Include Marbury v. Madison and U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton.
2. In view of the canons of construction and interpretation, name and explain three necessary elements that you must consider before drafting language to amend the U.S. Constitution.
3. List the two primary paths you would pursue to amend the U.S. Constitution. Cite the applicable section(s) of the Constitution.
4. Explain the three branches of government including each branch's authority and responsibility. How would your plan impact each branch?
Please refer to the rubric on the next page for the grading criteria for this assignment.
Recently Asked Questions
- the patient has limited flexion in the lumbar spine. describe what is means to flex the spine
- Approved corrective actions are an input to which of the following processes ?
- A teacher gave a 100 question multiple choice test . After scoring the tests , she computed a mean and standard deviation of the scores . The standard