1. Describe the beliefs and goals of nativists. Why did nativism increase in the 1920s?
2. Respond to the following statement: "The 1920s was an era in which the forces of modernization came into conflict with the forces of traditionalism."
3. Choose 2 New Deal relief programs and describe them. What were they designed to accomplish? What were the successes and/or failures of these programs?
4. What factors contributed to President Truman's decision to drop the atomic bomb? Do you feel the war with Japan could have been ended satisfactorily in any other way?
5. Analyze the wartime experiences of three of the following groups: women, African Americans, Mexican Americans and Japanese Americans, and Native Americans. Did these experiences help or hinder progress toward equality in America?
Recently Asked Questions
- A rocket heads straight up and at a height of 250 m it jettisons its fuel tank. The tank's path to the ground is 390m. what was the average, (constant)
- The authors of the article on the value of a sociology degree offer three explanations as to why sociology degrees are valued in the labour market . Which of
- According to the structural functionalist perspective , the general solution to social problems involves ______ .