- Despite its pretensions towards neutrality in foreign affairs, the United States became thoroughly entangled in the affairs of other nations from the beginning. What were the most significant American diplomatic and/or military engagements between 1789 and 1840? How did these engagements positively or negatively impact the United States?
- 2) Compare and contrast the founding generation of American political leaders and those of the Jacksonian era. What were the most important similarities? What were the most significant differences? Did the Age of Jackson represent a betrayal of the principles of the American founding or a fuller manifestation of those revolutionary values?
- 3) How did national political parties both strengthen and weaken the United States during the 1790s and early 1800s?
4) What political and economic factors contributed to the growing division between North and South between 1800 and 1840
could you answer in 10-12 sentences.
Recently Asked Questions
- Suppose a consumer's preferences for two goods can be represented by the Cobb-Douglas utility unction U(x,y)=A*x a *y B , where A, a, B are positive constants.
- Project 1 – part 1 (Group assignment) One submission per
- If the demand for loanable funds shifts to the right, then initially there is a A. surplus so the interest will fall B. Surplus so the interest rate will rise