Read the chapter entitled "The Trials and Tribulations of Thomas Jefferson" in Revolutionary Characters by Gordon Wood.
1. According to Wood what are the contradictions of Jefferson's character?
2. According to the chapter what are some of the strengths and weaknesses of Jefferson's character and/or leadership? Do you agree or not? Why or why not?
Read the first chapter entitled "The Greatness of George Washington."
3. Wood argues that perhaps Washington should be considered the greatest president in American history. What evidence does he give in this chapter to support this assertion? Do you agree or disagree? Why of why not?
Read the introduction of Revolutionary Characters.
4. In the last paragraph Wood explains why we can "never replicate the extraordinary generation of the founders." What does he mean by his answer? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- Use the formula for continuous compounding to compute the balance in the account after 1, 5, and 20 years. Also, find the APY for the account. A $
- We have a hollow conductive sphere of material with a resistive force ρ with internal radius α and outer radius b. (a) find the Rab resistance between the
- How can socialization and mentoring help minimize resistance to change using the contingency approach? an you please assist with a real world example