Read the chapter entitled "The Trials and Tribulations of Thomas Jefferson" in Revolutionary Characters by Gordon Wood.
1. According to Wood what are the contradictions of Jefferson's character?
2. According to the chapter what are some of the strengths and weaknesses of Jefferson's character and/or leadership? Do you agree or not? Why or why not?
Read the first chapter entitled "The Greatness of George Washington."
3. Wood argues that perhaps Washington should be considered the greatest president in American history. What evidence does he give in this chapter to support this assertion? Do you agree or disagree? Why of why not?
Read the introduction of Revolutionary Characters.
4. In the last paragraph Wood explains why we can "never replicate the extraordinary generation of the founders." What does he mean by his answer? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- What is your opinion on the vulnerability level of obese individuals? Do you feel the stigma associated with obesity fosters any sort of so called
- An exculpatory clause is designed to relieve a party for liability for its own wrongful acts. True or False
- Trying to understand this some more. Here is a question in my homework I am struggling with. A brokerage survey reports that 36 % of all individual investors