Read the chapter entitled "The Trials and Tribulations of Thomas Jefferson" in Revolutionary Characters by Gordon Wood.
1. According to Wood what are the contradictions of Jefferson's character?
2. According to the chapter what are some of the strengths and weaknesses of Jefferson's character and/or leadership? Do you agree or not? Why or why not?
Read the first chapter entitled "The Greatness of George Washington."
3. Wood argues that perhaps Washington should be considered the greatest president in American history. What evidence does he give in this chapter to support this assertion? Do you agree or disagree? Why of why not?
Read the introduction of Revolutionary Characters.
4. In the last paragraph Wood explains why we can "never replicate the extraordinary generation of the founders." What does he mean by his answer? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from SSTH038059_Unit_Evaluation_02.pdf.
- Please refer to the image below. Question is mentioned on that: Answer clearly with all necessary explanations.