1. Describe the various relief measures that President Roosevelt undertook in his first term to help relieve the human misery in America.
2. Why did America drop the atomic bomb on Japan? Was the action justified?
3. Trace the major developments in the cold war from 1945 to 1948.
4. How did America become involved in Indochina? How did that involvement escalate during Eisenhower's administration?
5. Compare the philosophies and styles of Martin Luther King Jr. and the leaders of the black power movement.
6. Trace how the Watergate crisis brought an end to the Nixon presidency.
7. What were the main foreign policy achievements of the Carter administration? Where did Carter fail?
8. Trace the issues and events that led to the Gulf War of 1991. What strategies did President George H. W. Bush use to ensure victory, and what was the ultimate outcome of his efforts?
9. Discuss the issue of increasing polarization in American politics. How has President Obama tried to lessen the tension, and has he been successful?
10.Discuss the issue of global terrorism. How has this affected all aspects of American society?
Several relief measures implemented by Roosevelt include: 1. Social Security- provided money for elderly 2. WPA- Works... View the full answer