- Points Possible
- Open the attachment for the primary sources you will use to complete this assignment.
- Based upon your reading of these selected primary documents and incorporating such secondary sources as your textbook and notes, I would like you to answer the following 5 Questions.
- Please provide specific examples from these documents that support your arguments.
- 1) Under what grounds does Daniel Webster (Document #1) oppose the ability of a state to nullify federal laws, also known as the Doctrine of Nullification? What justifications does South Carolina (Document #2) employ to defend their decision to nullify federal laws? In comparing these two primary documents, whose arguments regarding the concept of nullification are most persuasive to you and why?
- 2) In examining the 1851 political cartoon (Document #3), how are Southerners arguing against Northern protests of the 1850 Fugitive Slave Act? To what extent does this image relate to the issues raised regarding nullification in Documents #1 and #2? How does the 1856 political cartoon (Document #4) relate to the issues arising from the Kansas-Nebraska Act? To what extent did slavery complicate the process and politics of westward expansion in the 1840s and 1850s?
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from OPTIONS BASICS.
- INSTRUCTIONS Please use the information below to complete the Form 1065 and the Schedule K-1 using the information below. Blank forms can be found on the IRS