I just need some help writing this. :/
In this lesson, you will write a research paper. Find the Modern Language Association's official handbook for this format in your local library or bookstore. Visit the official Modern Language Association web site for more detail.
- Research any current conflict where civil liberties or human rights are at stake and apply Dr. King's four steps for nonviolent protest to the issue. Will his methods work to resolve the conflict?
- must be editorial (persuasive essay) in which you research and present the conflict, being sure to state your sound third person opinions as to why Dr. King's methods for achieving justice would or would not work in this case. Remember that for your voice to sound like an authority on the issue, research is imperative. You may consult the rubric for this assignment.
- Be sure to review the skills listed at the sites provided under Module 7 on the AP Language Style Sheet, and use them as your guide while writing your essay.
Documenting Your SourcesResearchers document their sources to let their readers know where they found the facts they use in their writing. There are two ways you will document your sources:
- Within your text - supplying evidence in the form of parenthetical citations — documentation of the author and source for a quote or fact contained within parentheses at the end of a sentence. Used in documentation
- signaling phrases — inclusion of the author or source's name within a sentence. Generally, at the start of the sentence.
- Examples: "According to Maggie Smith, . . ." or "In The Great Gatsby, . . .