Questions to Answer:
1) Why might Teddy Roosevelt have thought the US needed a war in
2) In what sense was expansion overseas "not a new idea"? If it was not new, then why did it not begin until 1898?
3) How many times did the US government intervene in the affairs of other countries between 1798 and 1895?
4) Senator Henry Cabot Lodge believed that the US needed to control the balance of trade in the Pacific. Which island and countries did he believe were key acquisitions toward attaining such a goal?
5) How was the ideology justifying American aggression in 1846-47 similar or different from the ideology used in 1897?
Recently Asked Questions
- Wars often have a significant impact upon the domestic development of a nation. How World War Two and the subsequent Cold War created economic, political, and
- what is the best resource which I can find a historical examples relevant to Clausewitz theories such as center of gravity ?
- In WWI how did the Battle of the Marne affect the Schlieffen Plan?