Select a presidential election year from 1952 - 2004. You are about to take a journey into the past.... Follow
the steps below for this 3 assignment:
- Go to The Living Room Candidate website
- Click on your selected election year to the left. Read the "overview" section, and each section associated with the names of the candidates. Be sure to do first so you have background information on the times and what the major issues were during that election year.
- After reading the introductory material, look at the small images at the bottom of the page. For each of these that you click on, you'll see an actual television commercial for that candidate's campaign. Watch each of the commercials for your selected election year. While watching take notes about the type of ads they used. How were they trying to "sell" the candidate? Were they attacking their opponents? What strategies were they using?
- After watching the commercials, go back to the upper right and click on "RESULTS" for your election year. Check out the electoral map that appears.
After completing these steps analysis this election year and the campaign that took place. Write analytical essay answering the following questions. Feel free to expand on your thoughts more - you do not need to stick only to the questions below.
Recently Asked Questions
- According to John Adams in Howard Zinn's article, more than Group of answer choices half of the colonial population was openly treasonous. a third of the
- Have Italian-American attained the American dream? Has America been the "promised land" for this group of immigrants? why? or why not?
- What factors led to the Panic of 1819? What government regulations might have prevented it?