Need help in us history!!!
1.What was an element of Alexander Hamilton's vision for the United
- The population should be reliant mainly on farming and agriculture.
- The state governments should have most of the power.
- The nation should be a manufacturing powerhouse.
- Trade with foreign nations should be stopped.
2.How did Washington's Farewell Address affect the actions of the United States during the nineteenth century?
- It led to a buildup of a strong military force and the establishment of the navy.
- It caused both Spain and France to build alliances with the United States.
- It laid the groundwork for a war between the states.
- It set the stage for a government policy rejecting foreign involvement.
3.Which statement describes the views of the Federalist Party?
- The Supreme Court should have federal jurisdiction over the legislative branch.
- The nation should maintain a largely agricultural economy.
- There should be a strong federal government.
- Powers not expressly given to the federal government belonged to the states.
(i know the answer is either the third or fourth one)
4.How had the American electorate changed by the election of 1828?
- Property requirements for voting continued to keep African American men from voting.
- Thanks to the suffragette movement, women in some states were eligible to vote.
- With landholding requirements eliminated, most white men were eligible to vote.
- With landholding requirements still in place, fewer men were eligible to vote.
- the common man
- slaves whom he had freed
- Native Americans who owned property
- women who appreciated his devotion to his wife Rachel
6.Which area did the United States acquire in the 1840s, and how did it acquire the land?