need help with us history questions.
1.How did Washington's Farewell Address affect the actions
of the United States during the nineteenth century?
- It led to a buildup of a strong military force and the establishment of the navy.
- It caused both Spain and France to build alliances with the United States.
- It laid the groundwork for a war between the states.
- It set the stage for a government policy rejecting foreign involvement.
2.How had the American electorate changed by the election of 1828?
- Property requirements for voting continued to keep African American men from voting.
- Thanks to the suffragette movement, women in some states were eligible to vote.
- With landholding requirements eliminated, most white men were eligible to vote.
- With landholding requirements still in place, fewer men were eligible to vote.
3.Who supported Andrew Jackson in the election of 1828?
- the common man
- slaves whom he had freed
- Native Americans who owned property
- women who appreciated his devotion to his wife Rachel
4.Which area did the United States acquire in the 1840s, and how did it acquire the land?
- Great Britain ceded the Oregon Country to the United States to settle a dispute over boundaries.
- The United States purchased Alaska from the British.
- Spain ceded the Louisiana Territory to the United States as part of a peace treaty.
- Thomas Jefferson purchased the Florida Territory from Spain.
5.How did many southerners view the North in the mid-1800s?
- Southerners thought that the North's wage labor system would be good for the South.
- Southerners thought that the North's wage labor system was evil.
- Southerners were critical of the North because the northern economy was based on slave labor.
- Southerners wanted everyone to have the same type of equality as people in the North.
- politics and pessimism
- culture and transcendentalism
- philosophy and nativism
- religion and optimism
7.What was an expectation of women in the early nineteenth century?