21. Which one of the following did NOT occur during President Reagan's terms in office?
personal income per capita increased.
b. Both inflation and unemployment rates declined.
c. The income gap between rich and poor widened.
d. The federal budget deficit declined.
e. The number of homeless people increased.
22. The Iran-Contra affair involved the questionable raising and use of funds from the sale of
a. high technology.
b. foreign oil.
c. American wheat.
d. military arms.
23. When he became president in 1981, Ronald Reagan believed that ________ was "the focus of evil in the modern world."
b. crass materialism
d. the Soviet Union
24. Soviet Premier Gorbachev's creation of the Soviet Union's first working legislature and his allowing competitive elections in 1989 are examples of ________ ; his legalization of small private business corporations and leasing of land to individuals are examples of ________ .
a. None of these.
b. gorky; borsch
c. Kot; sobaka
d. glasnost; perestroika
e. pitstsa; gora
25. President Reagan left the United States an economic legacy of
a. high inflation and unemployment.
b. higher savings and lower interest rates.
c. increased national debt.
d. a declining gross national product.