CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE THANKS !1. Why does the US remain a tw
o (major)-party system? What happens when a strong third party develops?
2. Briefly describe how the electoral college works.
3. What are two similar stances and two different stances the Republican and Democrats have on their 2016 platforms?
4. What is Gerrymandering (as opposed to simply redistricting due to population growth, for example)? How and why is it used?
5. What is a political party realignment? Describe one party realignment in US history (What were the political factors that lead to that realignment? Were did a new party emerge?)
6. What role(s) do political parties play during elections?
7. What is/was a political machine? How did they get support from the public?
1. Use "Big Sky, Big Money" to talk about how Citizen's United changed elections in regards to financing campaigns.
2. Use "Big Sky, Big Money, to explain how 'dark money' Super PACs can affect public opinion?
3. Reflect on the US' federalist system. How did Montana's initial nullification of the Citizen's United decision play out at the state and federal levels, given that federal law trumps state law?