Identify a scientific discovery or invention from the 1400s to 1600s and explain what impact it had on society at the time it was discovered or invented. Refer to the text or a website as a source. Before posting, read over what your classmates have chosen and try to chose a different invention. Do you see anything that resembles an early calculator or computer?
2. Describe a specific aspect of a painting by Vermeer or Rembrandt that shows a primary feature of the New Science - the Science of Observation. Use the web links below or another link to find a picture. Post a copy of the picture in your reply.
- Baroque samples at https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/monarchy-enlightenment/baroque-art1/beginners-guide-baroque1/a/baroque-art-in-europe-an-introduction; (also see http://www.artinthepicture.com/styles/Baroque/ and click on the names of the artists to see their works)
- Examples of Baroque paintings from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam at https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/explore-the-collection/styles/baroque (click on images; go full-screen; click "i" for info on the artist and date and painting)
Recently Asked Questions
- Charming Chairs sells unpainted desk chairs, but it is contemplating selling painted chairs instead. Currently, the firm makes $35 in net income for each
- What was the reason for rinsing out the buret with NaOH solution before starting titrations?
- While doing a titration, it is permissible to use a wash bottle to wash down any material that may have splashed higher up in the flask. This would appear to