Identify a scientific discovery or invention from the 1400s to 1600s and explain what impact it had on society at the time it was discovered or invented. Refer to the text or a website as a source. Before posting, read over what your classmates have chosen and try to chose a different invention. Do you see anything that resembles an early calculator or computer?
2. Describe a specific aspect of a painting by Vermeer or Rembrandt that shows a primary feature of the New Science - the Science of Observation. Use the web links below or another link to find a picture. Post a copy of the picture in your reply.
- Baroque samples at https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/monarchy-enlightenment/baroque-art1/beginners-guide-baroque1/a/baroque-art-in-europe-an-introduction; (also see http://www.artinthepicture.com/styles/Baroque/ and click on the names of the artists to see their works)
- Examples of Baroque paintings from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam at https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/explore-the-collection/styles/baroque (click on images; go full-screen; click "i" for info on the artist and date and painting)
Recently Asked Questions
- Why does the BRFSS have such a larger sample size than the NHANES
- High school seniors with strong academic records apply to the nation's most selective colleges in greater number each year. Because the number of slots remains
- 1.a bank promises you 5000 in five years if you deposit 1500 today. what annually compounded rate of interest is prommised to you? your father has 800,000