1)Give a definition of sites of memory. Why is it important to memorialize?
2) How did Sarah's mother express the trauma of losing the family, and being rejected by her daughter and supplanted by Mémé? What were the symptoms of this trauma?
3) Regarding Marceline's memoir, what is the significance of the letter that Marceline's father wrote to her and had delivered to her in the camp and that she subsequently misplaces, lost forever?
4) Through the lens of LaCapra's article, discuss how Marceline's trauma, loss, and longing are manifested or expressed in the text. (Include an short explanation of LaCapra's theory and then give specific examples from Marceline's memoir.)
5) Choose two myths about France (Vichy) that prevailed after the war until further historical investigation debunked them that you found interesting.
Recently Asked Questions
- Your lab partner is reading information written on the whiteboard in letters that are 5.20 cm high. Her lens-to-retina distance is 1.57 cm and her eyes
- FY is resident in Country X for tax purposes. For the year ended 31 December 2013, FY’s profit before tax was $137,400. FY’s expenses included entertaining
- Contrast the roles of syntax and semantics in processing sentences