1)Give a definition of sites of memory. Why is it important to memorialize?
2) How did Sarah's mother express the trauma of losing the family, and being rejected by her daughter and supplanted by Mémé? What were the symptoms of this trauma?
3) Regarding Marceline's memoir, what is the significance of the letter that Marceline's father wrote to her and had delivered to her in the camp and that she subsequently misplaces, lost forever?
4) Through the lens of LaCapra's article, discuss how Marceline's trauma, loss, and longing are manifested or expressed in the text. (Include an short explanation of LaCapra's theory and then give specific examples from Marceline's memoir.)
5) Choose two myths about France (Vichy) that prevailed after the war until further historical investigation debunked them that you found interesting.
Recently Asked Questions
- If 1,000 college students move into a college dorm and they were 1,500 rooms available. Each room had a contract price of $3,000 dollars. If the college
- Help please! Astronomy Lab about refraction due tonight
- Which of the following was not a law passed by southern states in order to disenfranchise African Americans? a.poll taxes b.proof of honorable service in the