1)Give a definition of sites of memory. Why is it important to memorialize?
2) How did Sarah's mother express the trauma of losing the family, and being rejected by her daughter and supplanted by Mémé? What were the symptoms of this trauma?
3) Regarding Marceline's memoir, what is the significance of the letter that Marceline's father wrote to her and had delivered to her in the camp and that she subsequently misplaces, lost forever?
4) Through the lens of LaCapra's article, discuss how Marceline's trauma, loss, and longing are manifested or expressed in the text. (Include an short explanation of LaCapra's theory and then give specific examples from Marceline's memoir.)
5) Choose two myths about France (Vichy) that prevailed after the war until further historical investigation debunked them that you found interesting.
Recently Asked Questions
- Use this CAFR ANSWER QUESTIONIn addition – you will need to enter the page number where you found the answer. By that I mean the page numbers located in the
- What did Nancy Scheper-Hughes study in the Brazilian shanty-towns? What health crisis was she addressing
- This is Unix. Consider the following commands, a) foo fin b) foo < fin c) cat fin | foo d) echo fin | foo and BRIEFLY describe for each: i) How the