I need help w r i t i n g an essay for World History. Pick any of the following for an essay. I am not looking for length but accuracy. Remember that the length is 2 to 3 d o u b l e -spaced pages maximum (even if you choose to write on all ten) not including t i t l e Page and M L A.
Here are the the following topics to pick from:
- What kind of connections and differences did you notice between ancient complex societies? Typically, we find these in terms of religious structures, the development of class in societies, gender roles in societies, etc. Are there any predictable patterns we can discover here?
- Much of the western foundations has to do with a syncretism between the religions of the ancient near east (the three Monotheistic religions) and Greek philosophy. As such we tend to hold beliefs that can be traced back to these religions or the Greek philosophy as basic beliefs. So, what do you make (as a historian and honoring your task as a historian) of the Babylonian accounts of the flood and the bible account of the flood, or the Code of Hammurabi and the Law of Moses?
- What do you think of breaking down historical eras in terms of technological development. Is technology a necessary or defining aspect of civilization? Is technological advancement a good basis for historical anchors to determine historical eras? Are all technologically advanced societies civilized?
- In later (early modern to modern) Chinese history (as told by Western historians) China has often been portrayed as less than the civilized might of the Western powers. What do you think from your readings? How does the rich history of China match that of the "Western" powers? Edward Said often argued that the manner that the East was portrayed by the West often caused many problems and solved none (The Orient and the Occident, by Edward Said). In his book, Edward Said argued that the West wrongly portrayed the East as mysterious, primitive and unpredictable. What do you think? If he is correct, does the West still portray the Orient in an unfavorable light?
Recently Asked Questions
- Under what circumstances might it be better to start an entirely new business instead of purchasing a franchise?
- what are the positive and negative attributes of banks.
- Assuming that a country is suffering through a recession. (a) What would the correctly-labeled graph that shows current equilibrium output, the