I want to ask how to describe the contents of three different attractions or activities and nearby accommodations.
1.What do I need to include for three various attractions or activities and nearby accommodations?
2. I want to know if I write the title by myself or copy the title from the website? The title is a caption below the image. This is the example of the picture. Caption: Tourists relaxing on the "black sand" beach at Playa de el Bollullo.
3.Is part1's geographic and historical information only available on links on the Wikipedia website?
This is the volcano, human settlement and tourism mission of gend159. thank you very much! !! !!
The content of assignment required as follow:
Humans often live in the shadow of volcanoes that have erupted in recent history and may bring disruption and destruction in the future. Despite the dangers, however, humans use the resources and take advantage of opportunities resulting from the volcanic activity.
The volcanoes themselves have also become attractions for tourism. In this assignment, we will investigate human settlement patterns and activities around volcanoes in different parts of the world.
Part 1: Geographic and Historical Information (6 points)
For this assignment, we will examine the following FIVE volcanoes:
1. Mount Vesuvius, Italy http://maps.google.com/maps? hl=en&ll=40.821604,14.433289&spn=0.281633,0.617294&t=m&z=11&vpsrc=6
2. Pelée, Martinique (France) http://maps.google.com/maps?
3. San Salvador, El Salvador http://maps.google.com/maps?
4. Mount Etna, Italy http://maps.google.com/maps? hl=en&ll=37.738141,14.983292&spn=0.281279,0.878906&t=m&z=11&vpsrc=6
5. Mount Fuji, Japan http://maps.google.com/maps? hl=en&ll=35.362736,138.731918&spn=0.303499,0.617294&t=m&z=11&vpsrc=6
1. Volcano Discovery https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/news.html
2. Global Volcanism Program - Smithsonian Institution https://volcano.si.edu/gvp_currenteruptions.cfm
Part 2: Tourist Activities (12 points)
· Pick ONE of the above volcanoes and choose at least three different attractions or activities for tourists to do in the area.
o These should be reasonably close to the volcano (i.e. within three hours driving) and should be varied (e.g. do not choose more than one shopping area, more than one beach etc).
o Describe each attraction/activity in my own words, making sure to explain why you chose these particular attractions/activities (three- four sentences each).
o Provide sources (name of the website and web address-URL) for your information and be sure to make it clear what information came from which source.
o In addition, provide illustrations for each of your attractions/activities. For each illustration, provide a caption and source of the illustration (name of the website and web address - URL).
o *Note: Google is NOT a source! Provide the website that actually hosts the image. Your picture's caption should answer the question "What EXACTLY am I looking at?"
Part 2 - Example
Teide - Playa del Bollullo
When visiting Teide, plan a day trip to the black volcanic sand beach at Playa de el Bollullo. This secluded beach is located near Puerto de la Cruz, and is sheltered from the winds by sheer cliffs which provide not only a spectacular view but also a great opportunity for quiet relaxation on exceptionally soft sand. Be careful if you venture into the water, however, since the currents can be quite strong.
source: Spain-Tenerife.com (http://www.spain-tenerife.com/UK/b-bullullo.html)
Caption: Tourists relaxing on the "black sand" beach at Playa de el Bollullo.
source: Tripadvisor.com http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink- g187481-d247426-i78580174-Playa_Bollullo- Puerto_de_la_Cruz_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html)
Part 3: Accommodations (12 points)
· Using Expedia.ca, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com or another similar website, find accommodations near your chosen volcano from part 2.
1. Look for accommodation for 4 nights that is near to the tourist activities/volcano
2. Choose your travel dates. Consider the climate; are there times of the year that are better for traveling to this location? Explain your choice of dates.
3. Choose a 4-star hotel - The price for one room should be no less than $150. per night. What is the per night price per room?
Provide the details of what the rate includes (e.g. what exactly do you get for your money?).
4. After choosing your hotel justify your choice (e.g. level of service, location, amenities, ambience, customer ratings etc.).
5. What is the location of the hotel in relation to the attractions and the volcano.
· Part 1: Information and history
o Coordinates, elevation, dates of eruptions recorded accurately for all five volcanoes.
o Closest town, distance and population recorded accurately for all five volcanoes.
o Sources provided for all information AND it is clear what information came from which source.
· Part 2: Tourist Activities
· At least three appropriate attractions/activities chosen AND adequate description for each attraction/activity.
· Appropriate, captioned images provided for each attraction/activity.
· Sources provided for all information and for each picture AND it is clear what information came from which source.
· Part 3: Accommodations
· At least two appropriate accommodations chosen AND adequate description (location, amenities, cost) of each.
· Choices (dates, locations) justified adequately.
Recently Asked Questions
- What does Carnegie mean by this? "While the law (of competition) may be sometimes hard for the individual, it is best for the race, because it insures the
- 3.Why did Britain have the capital necessary to invest in industry? 4.How did the Agricultural Revolution help to bring about the Industrial Revolution in
- What differences between the Western and non Western worlds may have led to the industrial revolution emerging first in the former?