1. Would the United States have needed to join Britain and France if Russia did not abdicate from the
war? Why or why not?
2. Explain how the post-war economic collapse throughout several Western nations directly correlated to the rise of fascism in Europe. Include the role of key personalities in the changing social and political landscape.
3. World War I was called the "Great War" and "the war to end all wars." Offer an interpretation of why it was neither, using specific examples from cultural, economic, political, and ideological developments between 1914 and 1918 to prove a point.
4. Describe how the evolution of political philosophies in the West caused, and eventually determined, the outcome of the Second World War. Be sure to include economic, social, and political factors in regard to the movement of armies, participation in the conflict, and the role of alliances.
5. Discuss the spread of communism after WWII. Include a description of how the USSR and at least one other communist power emerged. Discuss what is meant by "superpower" and the context of such a political entity after the Second World War.
The United States would not have needed to join Britain and France if Russia did not give up. If Russia did not abdicate... View the full answer