• Resources: American Rhetoric Web site; and Bias, Rhetorical Devices, and Argumentation, all found on the student Web site.
• Listen to the speech at http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/moviespeechcitizenkane2.html by clicking the Audio mp3 link located below the video player, or scroll below the Audio mp3 player to read the transcript of the speech.
• Write a minimum 500-word response to the following questions:
1. What are some examples of bias, fallacies, and specific rhetorical devices in the speech?
2. How did the speaker address arguments and counter arguments?
3. Were the speaker’s arguments effective? Explain your answer.