• Resources: American Rhetoric Web site; and Bias, Rhetorical Devices, and Argumentation, all found on the student Web site.
• Listen to the speech at http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/moviespeechcitizenkane2.html by clicking the Audio mp3 link located below the video player, or scroll below the Audio mp3 player to read the transcript of the speech.
• Write a minimum 500-word response to the following questions:
1. What are some examples of bias, fallacies, and specific rhetorical devices in the speech?
2. How did the speaker address arguments and counter arguments?
3. Were the speaker’s arguments effective? Explain your answer.
Recently Asked Questions
- 1.Write the balanced chemical equation that describes acetic acid being neutralized by sodium hydroxide. Give ONLY the stoichiometric coefficients using the
- Describe how income taxes affect the cash flows of a strategic investment. Describe the pros and cons of each of the capital budgeting methods learned in this
- What are the major tasks in managing working capital and cash flow for international operations? What are the major steps in capital budgeting? For what types