• Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in APA format comparing the entertainment fiction of the court system with its reality.
• Select examples from fictional portrayals of the courtroom found in books, movies, or television; for example, The Runaway Jury, A Few Good Men, or Law and Order.
• Describe the fictional portrayals of the courtroom, including the trial process, the roles of the prosecution and defense, the roles of the courtroom participants (expand your response from the Week Five CheckPoint), and the handling or implementation of rights for the defendant and the victim. Then, draw parallels between the fictional portrayal and the reality of the courtroom within above identified aspects.
• Determine the accuracy of the fictional courtroom process as compared to that of the courtroom reality. Use your reading of the text, outside sources, and any experience in the courtroom as resources. Be sure to answer the following questions:
o In your opinion, is this fictional courtroom a reliable source of information pertinent to the understanding of the actual court system? Explain your opinion.
o Given that entertainment differs from reality, what impact would your fictional account of courtroom practices have on the average citizen’s perceptions of the real-life courtroom process?
• Cite at least three outside sources in addition to the textbook to support your research.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Quiz 2 accounting 1. Additional comments: "This is a part of the 2 other
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from EXAM 1_Fall2016_Ch1_1.5_2_finalversion.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Spring 2017 Online MAC 1105 Math Gym Workbook.pdf.