Choose three (3) works of art from three artists from the Baroque period through the Postmodern era. Your three (3) works of art should come from the time periods or art movements covered in the reading from Unit 4 and Unit 5. Your choices must comply with the following criteria:
* The 3 artworks chosen must be of the same style or time period. For example, you can choose one of the following suggestions:
o 3 Baroque works of art, or
o 3 Impressionist works of art, or
o 3 Abstract Expressionist works of art, etc..
Do not mix up time periods or styles.
* The works of art must have a similar theme. For example: 3 landscapes, or 3 works that focus on religious content, etc.
* Out of the three works of art by the three (3) artists selected, you must choose at least two (2) works from two artists discussed in the textbook.
If you decide to choose one work of art that in not from the textbook, the artists must be discussed in the text. Begin your search by reviewing artists in the text. Then you can search other internet sources for their other works of art.
Please note: Your three (3) works of art must be from the same time period, same style, and have a similar theme
This project is broken down into two parts. In unit four, you will work on the first two bullet points, which are highlighted in bold below, as well as an introduction and conclusion. The "final draft", will be completed for Unit five, and will cover all four bullet points (listed in the U5IP assignment).
* A description of the works including the style. Describe basic facts, as well as the visual appearance of the work (what does the viewer see? Where are key figures located? What tells us that the work is of a particular style?)
* A summary of the artists' personal philosophies of art (if they can be found in published sources), and the prevailing trends and schools of thought in the art world at the time and in the place the artist was working. For instance, discuss what was taking place in the artist's city, country, and/or church that may have provoked a reaction from the artist or the greater society. Include any information that might help the reader understand the artist's point of view or why the artist made his or her choices in this work of art.
* You will need to use the Library to learn about the artists. In the Library:
o Click Find Articles and Books
o Search for artist's name, time period or art movement, and/or title of the work of art.
o Click Find Web Resources
o Click General Studies.
o Click Art.
* An explanation of how the works fit into the context of the time period.
* Compare the three works in terms of form, content, and subject matter. Using the terminology and concepts that you have learned in the course, explain the similarities and differences in the styles of the works and the context in which they were made. Compare and contrast their aesthetic qualities and symbolic significance, as well as the artists' points of view. Your personal point of view that you have developed throughout the paper will be summarized here. As with the preceding three sections, you will write in your own words, supported by research.
Note: You are required to comply with APA style formatting, including using quotation marks correctly, internal (in-text) citation, and a correct reference list. For additional information and resources on APA, visit the APA section of the Library, available under "Library Features."
Submit the following with your rough draft:
A cover page, a fully developed rough draft that addresses the first two bullet points, including an introductory paragraph (with a thesis statement), body, conclusion, a list of references, and images of the 3 works of art you chose.
IMPORTANT: At least two (2) works of art that you choose must be from your text book, and you must choose works by three (3) different artists.
Recently Asked Questions
- what changes in America that occurred in the 1970s, economic issues, population shifts, the growth of new ideologies and ways of thinking, the rise of new
- The money demand curve is downward sloping because : 21 ) ______
- The Kelso Division produces and sells a product to external and internal customers . Per-unit information about its operations include : Selling price per unit