The Job Redesign and Workplace Rewards Assessment is a project which asks you to assess the current state of your workplace environment (or home if you do not work outside of your home).
Prepare an assessment of the system of goal-setting, performance evaluation, and workplace rewards which impact productivity both positively and negatively and job satisfaction (as related to the selected job or department). Be sure to address the following:
1) Using your work place, a previous work place or your home setting, identify a specific job title or department. Identify its major components, tasks, or responsibilities. Does the job currently allow any self-management or sense of choice? Does the position cultivate a sense of intrinsic motivation?
2) Briefly discuss what company-wide rewards (e.g., bonus plans and/or profit-sharing) and one-to-one rewards (e.g., praise and/or recognition) currently exist. Examine and evaluate if these rewards are effective (or are not effective) in motivating behavior for this position. Reference a motivational theory to support your position.
3) Identify how goals are used at your company with regard to the selected position. Be sure to consider what kinds of goals are set, how the goals are set, and if the goal system is effective for this position.
Address ways the job you identified could be redesigned to increase job satisfaction and productivity, improve goal-setting, performance evaluation, and workplace rewards. Be sure to address the following:
Explore the various job redesign approaches to revise the selected position.
Describe and give a rationale for the changes in job duties, tasks, or responsibilities of the selected position after it has been redesigned.
Make recommendations that might improve the goal system to increase productivity and job satisfaction for this redesigned position?
Develop an implementation plan for bringing the redesigned position into the organization. Consider factors that might impact the intrinsic or extrinsic motivation of an employee. (700 words)
This question was asked on May 21, 2011.
Recently Asked Questions
- Hi would please help me to solve this assignment in JAVA the deadline in 23/12/2017 Write calculator program that keep reading operations and double numbers
- This is for a final presentation. Do not worry about the audio portion. Just need the pp made and the script for what to say.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Blast it.pdf.