In many of the assignments and discussions during this course, you will be challenged to consider your impact on
the environment or your values related to the environment. You may find that your values change during this course based on your study of the environment. The Final Project provides a way to measure any change you may undergo during this course and to reflect on your role in the environment.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Take the Ecological Footprint Quiz by clicking on the link in the Learning Resources. Print out your test results and consider the results of the quiz in the following ways:
- Do you feel the results are accurate? Were you surprised by any of the results? What lifestyle choices impacted the size of your ecological footprint? How do you think you could personally reduce your footprint? What are some of the ways people are becoming more “green”?
- Write your reactions and responses on your printed test results. You will use this information in Week 10 as you prepare your final Reflection paper.
- As the course progresses, note any changes you are making in your everyday life or that you would like to make, and how these changes reflect on your values as an individual and on your values regarding your responsibility to society. If you are not making changes to your ecological footprint,be prepared to explain why you have made that choice.
Compose a 2-page essay in which you do the following:
- Assess your ecological footprint, including your reactions and responses to your test results.
- Determine what lifestyle choices impact the size of your ecological footprint and how you might reduce your ecological footprint.
- Discuss how the size of your ecological footprint compares to that of an average American and to that of an individual living in a developing country.
Submit your Assignment by Day 7. In order to receive full credit, all assignments must be submitted on time. Should you encounter an unanticipated and uncontrollable life event that may prevent you from meeting an assignment deadline, contact the Instructor immediately to request an extension. Your Instructor’s contact information is in the Faculty Information area under Course Home. For a full description of the late policy, please refer to the "Policies on Late Assignments" section of your Syllabus.