Please provide detailed answers to the following questions
2) Diagram the structure of the Lac operon and explain how it is regulated both positively and negatively.
3) Discuss the different ways that eukaryotic gene expression can be regulated.
4) Diagram the steps in both transcription and translation including all proteins and nucleic acids involved as well as the direction of synthesis.
5) Why are the enzymes that link uncharged tRNAs to unique AAs critical to protein synthesis?
6) How is termination of transcription controlled in prokaryotes?
7) Distinguish the roles for the different RNA polymerases in eukaryotes and the structure of their promoters
8) Discuss the various steps in mRNA processing
9) Describe the basics of the genetic code including how many nucleotides make up a codon. Start and stop codons and the types of mutations
10) How can the location of a mutation within a protein have very different effects on the function of that protein?
11) Describe methods to detect differences in gene expression
12) Diagram the cell cycle and describe the molecular mechanism which regulates the progression of cells through the restriction points in the cell cycle
13) Explain how growth factors can influence cell cycle progression.
The way to approach this... View the full answer