7. Starch and glycogen are different in that only one of them
A. is a polymer of glucose.
B. contains ribose.
C. is made in plants.
D. is an energy storage molecule.
E. can be digested by humans.
8. If one strand of a DNA molecule has the sequence of bases 5'ATTGCA3', the other complementary strand would have the sequence
9. Which of the following cell structures is found in plants but not in animals?
D. Gap Junctions
E. Cell wall
10. An organelle consisting of a series of flattened sacks and in which proteins are modified and packaged for export is the
B. Golgi apparatus.
D. smooth endoplasmic reticulum.
11. Which of the following statements about mitochondria and chloroplasts is true?
A. Both mitochondria and chloroplasts may be found in the same cell.
B. Mitochondria and chloroplasts can never be found in the same cell.
C. Both are organelles surrounded by two membranes.
D. Both A and C.
E. Both B and C.
12. Which of the following statements about microfilaments and microtubules is false?
A. Both are made up of the same protein monomers.
B. Both are involved in movement of cells.
C. Both have a plus end and a minus end.
D. Both are components of the cytoskeleton.
E. Both help maintain and support cellular structures.