can someone please explain the term "like dissolves like"?
A Job's Method study was carried out for the reaction: aA+bB->dD+fF Stock solutions of A and B were prepared. [A]= 1.32 g/100mL = 100mM [B]= 100mM These were used to prepare a series of solutions cont
Complete the following table: Compound Mass Moles H 2 O 122 k g _____ N 2 O 5.50 g _____ S O 2 _____ 3.08 C H 2 C l 2 _____ 0.0448
Consider the wave function phi(x) =(1/pi*sigma^2)^1/4*e^-(x^2/2sigma^2). Calculate the expectation value <P> if <P> = -i*h(partial/partial x
Organic Chemistry: For PROPANE (CH 3 CH 2 CH 3 ) RATIO: yield secondary Hydrogen/yield of primary hydrogen = 2/6 *4.5 = 1.5 therefore secondary:primary ration = 1.5:1 60% Secondary product & 40% prima
A water solution containing X 0 mole fraction benzoic acid is to be extracted using pure benzene as the solvent in a counter-current cascade of N equilibrium stages. The solute- free feed rate is R s
. A gas occupies 6.66 liters at STP. What is its volume at 546 C and 684 torr?
A sample of N 2 is collected by bubbling over water at 21 C. If the total pressure of the gas is 1.02 atmospheres. What is the partial pressure of dry N 2 ?
The vapor pressure of solid iodine (I2) at 25 C is 0.650 mm Hg. How many milligrams of iodine will sublime into an evacuated 1.00-liter flask?
At a particular temperature and pressure, 20.0 g of CO2 occupy 7.16 liters. What is the volume of 24.0 g of CH4 at the same temperature and pressure?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Can't find what you're looking for?
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)