An ideal gas enters a valve at 500 K and 3 MPa at a steady-state rate of 3mol/min. It is throttled to .5MPa. What is the rate of entropy generation? Is the process irreversible?
What type of reaction might be occurring when a person's skin develops a greenish stain beneath a 14k gold bracelet. Using HA as the chemical formula for the acid in skin, write a balanced chemical eq
Short Essay: Your answers will be graded based upon the clarity of your responses, as well as the correctness of the chemistry. Each answer should consist of a single extended paragraph or two shorter
diamond crystals have a= 0.35670 nm and z = 8. Using 3.5 g/cm^3 as the density of diamond, calculate the value of Avogadro's number
Given a hypereutectoid steel in which the proeutectoid cementite has a weight fraction of 0.4, how much carbon content is present? What is the carbon content if the steel were hypoeutectoid with proeu
For the reaction system, 2SO2(g) +O2(g) -- 2SO3(g), Kc has a value of 4.62 at 450.0 K. A system, at equilibrium, has the following concentration: [SO3] =0.254 M, [O2]=0.00855M. What is the equilibrium
"Write the mass action expression for the following reaction 4Cr(s)+3CCl4(g)--4CrCl3(g)+4C(s)"
Describe the transport of lipids digested in the lumen of the intestines to the cells of the body. How does the presence of ketone bodies in the blood lead to ketoacidosis? What is the fate of l
Option 2: Asynchronous Discussion Respond to each of the seminar questions below and submit to the Dropbox. Your response to the questions should be composed in complete sentences and paragraph
Calculate the number of grams required to make a 1.5 M solution of Fe(NO3)3. And if 18 grams of CrCl3 is placed in 500 ml of water, what is the resulting molarity?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Can't find what you're looking for?
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)