Consider 0.7 L of a bu er composed of 0.4 M HClO and 0.5 M NaClO? How many moles of strong base could this bu er withstand?
A 25.00ml aliquot of a nitric acid solution of unknown concentration is pipetted into a 125ml Erlenmeyer flask and 2 drops of phenolphthalein are added. The above sodium hydroxide solution(the titrant
What mass of solid sodium formate (of MW 68.01) must be added to 110 mL of 0.32 mol/L formic acid (HCOOH) to make a bu er solution having a pH of 3.74? Ka = 0.00018 for HCOOH
Discuss briefly a comparison of the two vinegars or analysis of a single vinegar per actual experiment result hereto attached.
A 9.00 x 10-2 mL sample of 0.200 M MgI2 was electrolyzed. As a result, hydrogen gas was generated at the cathode and iodine was formed at the anode The volume of hydrogen collected at 26 oC and 779
Identify the metal referred to as metal X. The passage of a current of 0.750 A for 25.0 minutes deposited 0.369 g of metal X from a solution containing X^+2^ ions. options: A) Zn B) Cu
Hydrogen Iodide, HI, decomposes by the following reaction: 2HI(g) --> H2(g) + I2(g) given the following data Time, (s) [HI], mM 0 10 1000 4.4 20
Please provide understandable step-by-step solution to prelaboratory assignment on Experiment 13. See attached PDF copy of the prelab assignment. Thanks.
A mixture of methane (CH4) and ethane (C2H6) is stored in a container at 294 mmHg. The gases are burned in air to form CO2 and H2O. If the pressure of CO2 is 356 mmHg measured at the same temperature
Use the Maxwell relations to express the derivatives ( P S)subV and ( V S)subP in terms of the heat capacities, the thermal coefficient and the isothermal compressibility.
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)