A pension plan has promised to pay out $25 million per year over the next 15 years to its employees. Actuaries estimate the rate of return on the fund's assets will be 5.50%. What amount of pension fu
2. Using agency theory concepts, explain how restrictive covenants that forbid leases and liens on a firm's assets might cause the firm to achieve a higher rating on its bonds than would be possible w
Computing terminal-year FCF: Healthy Potions, Inc., a pharmaceutical company, bought a machine that produces pain-reliever medicine at a cost of $2 million five years ago.. The machine has been deprec
Your boss asks you to compute the company's cash conversion cycle. Looking at the financial statements, you see that the average inventory for the year was $126,300, accounts receivable were $97,900,
Your boss asks you to compute the company's cash conversion cycle. Looking at the financial statements, you see that the average inventory for the year was $126,300, accounts receivable were $97,900
Investment cash flows: Six Twelve is considering opening up a new convenience store in downtown New York City. The expected annual revenue is $800,000. To estimate the increase in working capital, ana
Use both the Time Value of Money equations and a financial calculator to find the following values. A. An initial $500 compounded for 10 years at 6% B. An initial $500 compounded for 10 years at 1
need assistance. Using the finite risk contract found in the attachment, how much would the policy holder get back at the end of three years if loss payments at year-end were: a. $3 million in y
Suppose the money multiplier in the U.S. is 3. Suppose further that if the Federal Reserve changes the discount rate by 1 percentage point, banks change their reserves by 300. To increase the money su
why there are differences in implied volatilities for different options on the same underlying with the same expiration (volatility smiles and smirks.)
Ask a new Finance Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you help me with this valuation problem?: Imagine that you are trying to evaluate the economics of purchasing an automobile. You expect the car to provide annual after-tax cash benefits of $1,200 at the end of each year and assume that you can sell the car for after-tax proceeds of $5,000 at the end of the planned 5-year ownership period. All funds for purchasing the car will be drawn from your savings, which are currently earning 6% after taxes.
- a.Identify the cash flows, their timing, and the required return applicable to valuing the car.
- b.What is the maximum price you would be willing to pay to acquire the car? Explain.
2. How do you calculate the before tax-cost of the Sony bond and the after-tax cost of the Sony bond given the following information?:
- David Abbot is interested in purchasing a bond issued by Sony. He has obtained the following information on the security:
- Sony bond
- Par value $1,000 Coupon interest rate 6% Tax bracket 20%
- Cost $930 Years to maturity 10