25-ft ladder stands vertically against a wall. The lower end is pulled a distance of 7 feet away from the wall. How far down does the top of the ladder move if it is now 14ft away from the building
a manufacture of backpacks determines that the cost to product 100 backpacks is 1500$. The cost to produce 500 backpacks is $7000. write a linear equation for the cost, y, of producing x backpacks
A sample of 12 measurements has a mean of 23 and a standard deviation of 2.75. Suppose that the sample is enlarged to 14 measurements, by including two additional measurements having a common value of
The deep end of a swimming pool is vertical and has the shape of an isosceles trapezoid across the top, across the bottom, and deep. Find the force against the end.
estimate each product 5x2,346
a bag of frozen vegetables weighs 64 ounces. how many pounds does the package weigh
you are designing a rectangular poster to contain 256 inches squared with a 3 inch margin at the top and bottom and a 2 inch margin at each side. What overall dimensions will minimize the amount of pa
The position of an object moving in a straight line is giving by s(t) = t square - 8t, where s is in feet and t is the time in seconds the object has been in motion. How long will it take the object t
Assume that the drawer contains 9 coins: 2 quarters, 3 dimes, and 4 nickels. One coin is randomly selected. What is the expected value of the coin selected (in cents)?
the manager of a store found 72% shoppers who taste free food will buy the item. what is the expected number of shoppers that will buy if a random sample of 50 shoppers taste free?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?