A drill is stuck on semi-circular rock formation at point A, as shown. The drill string is currently fixed in place at B using a roller bearing; the drill bit is simply resting on top of the rock formation. The diameter of the drill string, d, is 6-in.; the diameter of the drill bit, D, is 8-in....
Dear All, Can anyone provide the molecular dynamics simulation code in MATLAB for calculating the equilibrium properties of a Lennard-Jones liquid? The code should also be able to calculate the equilibrium pressure and diffusivity. Thanks a lot.
Hey KumarRaj! You just answered a question for me! Will you please make sure that it is correct since normal force you have used is different than what you find before in that answer!
Objective You are to research the rise and fall of the early days of the World Wide Web. In 1993, Tim Berners-Lee created the Web and the bubble began. The bubble describes the amazing stock run of Internet companies, when their values soared to unbelievable and what were thought to be...
In deriving the formula for forging, we had to use the yield criterion. Explain why
Need help on this... please here are instructions I don't have CAD I need this in 1 hour pleasee I will pay good here is link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj4w95t42cq4sme/BSdwg.docx?dl=0
The topic you choose must discuss computer hardware, software, and networking technologies use in conjunction with the categories below. Take the approach of either Pro vs. Con, Past vs. Future, Discovery or Informational as found in most White Papers . Your term paper must be written in...
A bar with dimensions of 20*50*200 cm is under tension from its two ends along its length, assuming that the material is 4340 steel with yield strength = 995 MPa and UTS strength = 1400 MPa, what is the maximum load (in units of N) you would list in the specification for consumers? This bar will...
Post a 1100- to 1,350-word paper on a specific web or mobile application. Describe a specific web or mobile application s purpose. How is it used? What changes has it brought about to its users? What are some likely future uses and enhancements?
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2