Dynamic systems: NOTE: If you don t have access to MATLAB, please download Scilab, a free open-source software with similar functionality. Several functions in both software are identical (such as ss2
A slab of intrinsic GaAs, 3cm long, 2cm wide, and 0.3cm thick, is exposed to light. The light is absorbed with an absorption coefficient a=500cm-1 (this means that the light intensity decreases in the
1.) Answer the following questions. a.) Briefly describe the problem resulting from the overaging of a precipitation hardened alloy. b.) At what temperature does a 5.0wt% Cu-Al alloy completely solidi
Briefly describe the simplest heat treatment procedure that would be used in converting a 0.76 wt% C steel from one microstructure to the other, as follows: Pearlite to tempered martensite heat to a
A vibratory system with a moving base has a mass of 300 kg, a spring with a stiffness of 40000 N/m and a damper with an unknown damping constant. It is observed that the mass vibrates with an amplitud
Consider the mechanical system shown in the Figure below. In the diagram, the displacements x and y are measured from their respective equilibrium position. Assume that m = 1 kg M = 10 kg k1 = 10 N/m
An aluminum alloy has a yield strength y=150MPa. A component made from this alloy is subjected to x=200MPa and y=50MPa, with all other stresses equal to zero. Calculate the equivalent stress. Does
these resistors, 10 ,15 and 20 , are connected in series across a (+, -) . What is the total voltage that drop across the resistor (15 ) , 12?
A wind turbine with a diameter of 100 ft operates during a 24-h period in which the wind velocity may be approximated by half a sine wave as V(theta)=V(m)sin(pi*theta/24), where theta is time in hours
A 3092 lbf vehicle is traveling at 200 ft/sec when a constant braking force of 766 lbf is applied. The vehicle has a large frontal area and aerodynamic drag cannot be neglected from the braking equati
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Can't find what you're looking for?
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2