Help with number 10 and 11 please
15. Which exerts more pressure: 25 feet of Acetaldehyde with a specific gravity of 1.59 or 25 feet of water? How did you know? Calculate the pressure.
Please help with 10 and 11 from the attached picture
help me,I need a few examples of properly, partially , improperly constrained bodies in structures.
At a point P, the rectangular stress components are x = 1, y = 2, z = 4, xy = 2, yz = 3, and xz = 1 all in units of kPa. Find the principal stresses and check for invariance.
With respect to the frame of reference Oxyz, the following state of stress exists. Determine the principal stresses and their associated directions. Also, check on the invariances of l1, l2, l3. [tij] = 1 2 1 2 1 1 1 1 1
The state of stress at a point is such that sx = sy = sz = txy = tyz = tzx = r Determine the principal stresses and their directions
How do I even begin to attempt this.... Please show steps/work. Thank you
Please give symbolic expressions and explanations.
3 questions from Chapter 14 of Basic Fluid Mechanics by Wilcox
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2