a disc is at rest at the top of a 3m long ramp that is angled at 10 degrees. it has a mass of 8 kg and a radius of 6 cm. when it reaches the bottom of the ramp it has an immediate impact with an immovable wall which causes a particle of mass .6kg from the very top of the shape to fly off of the...
You've gotten the results: 2.3, 2.5, 2.2 & 2.1; the true value is 3.1. Are your results Accurate and/or Precise?
A 0.710 m long brass pendulum experiences a 20.0 C temperature increase. Calculate the original period.
I need help for science paper. The point is that this is to be an "investigative" paper. You are to deal with scientific controversies or novel findings, including (wherever possible) consideration of personal values, politics, and economics reflected by those whose work you...
A student makes one straight, fluid motion to connect two points and all of the points in between them with the shortest possible path. What has the student drawn?
A beam of unpolarized light of intensity I 0 passes through a series of ideal polarizing filters with their polarizing directions turned to various angles as shown in the figure (Figure 1) . Assume that = 50.0 .
If the diffusion coefficient D and concentration C in solution, the current I(L,a) of their diffusional encounters with a rod of length L and radius a is: I(L,a) = -4 DLC / ln(2L/a) For a long rod, L/a = 10^6, compute ratio of I(L,a) to I(a), the current to a sphere of radius a.
The questions have been attached to a file.
A horizontal spring-mass system has low friction, spring stiffness 225 N/m, and mass 0.2 kg. The system is released with an initial compression of the spring of 8 cm and an initial speed of the mass of 3 m/s. (a) What is the maximum stretch during the motion? ___m (b) What is the maximum...
A spring whose stiffness is 1170 N/m has a relaxed length of 0.43 m. If the length of the spring changes from 0.29 m to 0.80 m, what is the change in the potential energy of the spring? U = ___J
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas