what is the process of increasing the internal energy of a system called?
A cart on a linear track has a uniform acceleration of 0.172m/s2. What is the velocity of the cart 4.00 s after it is released from rest?
a stone is thrown straight upwards the top of building with an initial velocity of 20m/s. determine its maximum height
In the medium wave radio band, waves sent out by the transmitter, T, may reach the receiver, R, by two routes: the ground wave travels direct, while the sky wave is returned to earth by the layers of ionized gas collectively called the ionosphere. 1) The height h of the ionosphere may vary over a...
A uniform beam is 5.0 m long and has a mass of 65 kg. In the figure below, the beam is supported in a horizontal position by a hinge and a cable, with angle = 55 . In unit-vector notation, what is the force on the beam from the hinge
In excel problem 1, is the assumption that the cost of each stock is $1?
A merry-go-round is 11m in diameter. The outermost horses are set at a diameter of 10m. If the merry-go-round spins at 2 RPM what is the tangential speed of the outermost horses?
A motor is capable of 1000 watt of power how large a mass can it lift at 75 m in 20 seconds
Suppose a net external force of 50.0 N is exerted and the astronaut s acceleration is measured to be 0.893 m/s2. (a) Calculate her mass.
Explain how it's possible to travel 7200 seconds at 30 m/s yet have an average velocity of zero?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas