Your are in a room with only one light bulb lite. As you approach the light, it appears brighter. As you move away, it appears dimmer. Are the brightness and the distance from the bulb directly proportional or inversely proportional? Explain.
one mole of a monatomic ideal gas initially at p1, v1 is heated and expands at constant pressure to a volume 4v. it is then cooled at constant volume until the pressure has dropped to 0.5p. calculate the work done, the change in internal energy, the heat flow, and the net entropy change.
You have just built a house out in the country and it comes to your attention that you need to install a lightning rod. Being naturally curious you ask a hardware salesperson how lightning rods work and they correctly tell you
Terminal Velocity Help
Help me please with Collision post lab
net force which one charge exerts on the other remains same no matter in whatever medium the charges are placed . Why?
How to slove these three questions?
the solution of question3
Your projectile launching system is partially jammed. It can only launch objects with an initial vertical velocity of 42.0 m/s, though the horizontal component of the velocity can vary. You need your projectile to land 220 m from its launch point. What horizontal velocity do you need to program...
Here we will consider a race between a listeria bacteria (about 1 m across) that swims along a straight track inside a (much larger ~15 m) mammalian cell that it has infected. The listeria emits a pulse of signaling molecules. The listeria itself moves in the cell at a speed of about 5...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas