I have a question regarding a revolution based work physics problem. I don't know if I should take the 3 seconds into account when calculating distance (x). The problem says: A 15 kg child is riding on a merry-go-round 2.2 m from its center and makes one revolution every 3 s. Friciton is...
Can you please help me with the following questions attached?
NEED HELP: Two identical metal spheres A and B are connected by a metal rod. Both are initially neutral. 1.0x10^12 electrons are added to sphere A. a) The connecting rod is removed. Afterward, what are the charge of A and the charge of B? b) The experiment is repeated with a plastic rod...
A bicycle wheel of radius 0.30 m is spinning at a rate of 60 revolutions per minute. What is the centripetal acceleration of a point that is 0.14 m from the outer edge of the wheel?
Choose a model organism that is an animal: Drosophila, C. elegans, zebrafish or mouse. You may also use Aplysia. Do some research on why we use model organisms and why these particular creatures are good model organisms. Try searching <X as a model organism>. Get on the web, or go...
why is a physical model different from the one needed for conductors needed to determine the conditions of quantum confinement for semiconductors
Physics 184 quesiton
how to solve these questions
A 7.93 kg box is pulled along a horizontal surface by a force Fp of 84.0 N applied at a 47.0 angle. If the coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.35, what is the acceleration of the box?
1. A pressure drop of 50 kPa due to fluid friction through 1 in wrought iron pipe ismeasured. The fluid flows at a rate of 0.04 kg/s. The fluid viscosity is 2 cP and itsdensity is 1000 kg/m3. Find the length of the pipe? 2. Liquid is flowing at a rate of 20 L/min in a 1.5 in diameter...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas