I need help answering my lab report questions. The questions are highlighted yellow. I attached my lab report data, also a document with extra help for the questions, and the lab manual just in case t
A piece of aluminum has a volume of 2.26 x 10^-3 m^3. The coefficient of volume expansion for aluminum is B= 69 x 10^-6(C degrees)^-1. The temperature of this object is raised from 29.8 to 425 degrees
A bowl, of radius of curvature R, rests on a rough horizontal table. Show that the bowl is in stable equilibrium about its bottom center point as long as the center of mass of the material stacked in
A 2 kg mass bounces on the end of a spring completing one period every 2 seconds. What is the spring constant of the spring?
A grating spectrometer is used to resolve third order peaks from two wavelengths of 1 = 525.00 nm and 2 = 525.65 nm. What is the minimum number of slits this grating must have to resolve these wavel
An object stretches a spring 4 inches in equilibrium. Find its displacement for t > 0 if it's initially displaced 36 inches above equilibrium and given a downward velocity of 2 ft/s
1 particle at a distance "s" above the Earth's surface was projected in parallel to the north axis at a speed "x". a) What is the time it remains in the air? b) Figure out the coordinates when it hits
A critically damped oscillator with natural frequency starts out at position x_o(x-not) > 0. What is the maximum initial speed (directed towards the origin) it can have and not cross the origin?
A beam of light in air strikes a piece of glass with an angle of 76.5 degrees and is partially reflected and partially refracted. The angle of reflection is twice the angle of refraction. Calculate th
A mass m oscillates on a spring with spring constant k. The amplitude is d. At the moment t = 0, when the mass is at position x = d/2 and moving to the right, it collides and sticks to another mass m.
Ask a new Physics Question
Can't find what you're looking for?
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas