Neglecting air resistance, approximately which is the speed of an object that is dropped from rest, after it has fallen 4 m?
1. Which of the following is not a main idea in quantum theory? Energy is not continuous, but comes in small, discrete units or packets. Elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves.
An object is rotating at 47 r/s and has an angular acceleration of -4 r/s 2 . After 5 s, the angular velocity is
A spring with a spring constant k=4 N/m is compressed by 0.1 m. How much potential energy is stored in the spring?
How does the definition of clean water and air change environmental policies?
Alice drops a rock to a well. She hears the splash of the rock 4.1 seconds later. The speed of sound is 340 m/s. How deep is the well?
Two cars approach each other on a straight highway. The first car has a speed of 80 km/ hour and the second car has a speed of 50 km/ hour. If the separation between the cars is 40 m, how long does it
A speeder passes a parked police car with a speed of 65 km/ hour in a 50 km/ hour zone. One second after the speeder has passed the police car, the police begin his pursuit. The police car accelerates
Bob runs four laps. The average speed for the first lap is 12 km/ hour, for the second lap it is 10 km/ hour, for the third lap it is 8 km/ hour and the average speed for the last lap is 6 km/ hour. W
A ball is thrown straight up from the roof of a 150 m high building. The initial speed of the ball is 12 m/s. I) How long does it take for the ball to hit the ground? II) What is the velocity of the b
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas