(a) A dentist uses a small mirror of radius 40 mm to locate a cavity in a patient's tooth. If the mirror is concave and is held 19 mm from the tooth, what is the magnification of the image? (b) A pro
An AC generator with an output rms voltage of 42 V at a frequency of 60 Hz is connected across a 9 F capacitor. Find the following. (a) capacitive reactance (b) rms current A (c) maximum current
A collapsible plastic bag (Fig. P9.19) contains a glucose solution. If the average gauge pressure in the vein is 1.34 104 Pa, what must be the minimum height h of the bag in order to infuse glucose i
The drawing shows two long, straight wires that are suspended from a ceiling. The mass per unit length of each wire is 0.050 kg/m. Each of the four strings suspending the wires has a length of 1.2 m.
From the scattering of sunlight, Thomson found that the classical radius of the elec- tron is 2.82 10 15 m. If sunlight with an intensity of 470 W/m2 falls on a disk with this radius, estimate the t
A system consists of four balls of mass m at a distance of mass m at a distance of 1m from the center, and is rotating at a frequency of 2 rev/s. A.) If all the spokes are suddenly shortened to .5m
A small ball is attached to one end of a spring that has an unstrained length of 0.216 m. The spring is held by the other end, and the ball is whirled around in a horizontal circle at a speed of 3.30
eview Conceptual example 6 as background for this problem. When electrons pass through a single slit, as in the figure, they form a diffraction pattern. As Section 29.6 discusses, the central bright f
Pulling down on a rope, you lift a 4.43 kg bucket of water from a well with an acceleration of 1.55 m/s2. What is the tension in the rope?
Old naval ships fired 11 kg cannon balls from a 200 kg cannon. It was very important to stop the recoil of the cannon, since otherwise the heavy cannon would go careening across the deck of the ship.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas