If you put an ice cube in a glass of water, and fill the glass to the brim with water. When the ice melts and the temperature of the water returns to its initial value, the water level will drop, rema
Coherent monochromatic light of wavelength lambda passes through a pair of slits separated by distance d, to produce a pattern of maxima and minima a distance L away from the slits. What would cause t
How much current is in each resistor?
How much power is delivered to each?
Compare the sum of the individual powers with the power delivered to the equivalent resistance for the circuit.
How do I prove (using Gauss' Law) that the electric field produced between two equally and oppositely charged plates is: sigma/(permativity constant) where sigma is the charge density-- where I don't
The specific heat of lead is 0.030 cal/gC. 500 g of lead shot at 120C is mixed with 100 g of water at 70C in an insulated container. The final temperature of the mixture is
Evaluate the work done W=integral from 0 to p Fdr=integral 0to p (Fxdx+Fydy) by the two dimensional force F-(x^2,2xy) along the three paths joining the origin to the point p=(1,1) and define as follow
Determine which of the following are false; Sound is a longitudinal wave. The speed of sound is greatest in a solid. An intensity level less than zero decibels means that the intensity level is negati
If the translational speed of each molecule in an ideal gas were doubled, the Kelvin temperature would; also double, remain the same, quadruple, decrease, or be eight times greater?
Ask a new Physics Question
Can't find what you're looking for?
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas